This isn’t actually the recipe I always make for peanut butter cookies, but it came out delicious and definitely deserved a spot on the blog. Below is the recipe which makes around 30 cookies:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar (or xylitol for a healthier option)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Mix the butter, peanut butter and sugar into a creamy mixture.
- Add the egg & vanilla essence and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Once mixed, add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well.
5. On a greased baking tray, roll balls with the mixture and press down with a fork.
Tip – the mixture does tend to crumble – when rolling the balls, press all ingredients together again.
6. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool.